Thursday, June 21, 2007

On Hillary Clinton, The Sopranos and Lunatic Right-Wing Bloggers

It's been less than two weeks since The Sopranos went off the air and I'm already sick of discussing it, and the parodies. I'll just say for the record I thought it was a good way to go out. Anyone who expected a big ending with a ball of fire must not have been watching this show.
So, that brings me to the next point. Hillary Clinton decided to parody the ender in a spot to promote choosing a campaign song (Spoiler: She chose a Celine Dion song further insuring more people can hate her. And I by "her" I mean both Clinton and Dion.) Well, here's the spot.

Pretty unimaginative if you ask me, which you didn't. One right-winger thinks she saw something that most sane people will agree is not there.
Bill says "No onion rings?" and Hillary responds "I'm looking out for ya." Now, the script says onion rings, because that's what the Sopranos were eating in that final scene, but I doubt if any blogger will disagree with my assertion that, coming from Bill Clinton, the "O" of an onion ring is a vagina symbol. Hillary says no to that, driving the symbolism home. She's "looking out" all right, vigilant over her husband, denying him the sustenance he craves. What does she have for him? Carrot sticks! The one closest to the camera has a rather disgusting greasy sheen to it. Here, Bill, in retaliation for all of your excessive "O" consumption, you may have a large bowl of phallic symbols! When we hear him say "No onion rings?," the camera is on her, and Bill is off-screen, but at the bottom of the screen we see the carrot/phallus he's holding toward her. Oh, yes, I know that Hillary supplying carrots is supposed to remind that Hillary will provide us with health care, that she's "looking out for" us, but come on, they're carrots! Everyone knows carrots are phallic symbols. But they're cut up into little carrot sticks, you say? Just listen to yourself! I'm not going to point out everything.

I doubt any blogger will disagree with my assertion that Ann Althouse is batshit crazy. What she doesn't realize is that statements like, "I doubt if any blogger will disagree" while wrong, would reflect more on the retardation of some bloggers than the legitimacy of her point. And bloggers wonder why they don't get taken seriously.
The other point is that like most right-wingers, Ann's critique says far more about herself than it does the Clintons. She's obsessed with the little bubba. The Fourth of July is coming soon, and I can only imagine the following conversation happening at whatever cookout Althouse attends.

Party Host: Hey Ann, would you like a hot dog?
Althouse: No, I would not like to suck Bill Clinton's penis!
Party Host: Um, okay then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home