Thursday, August 17, 2006

A Member of the Dick Cheney Hunting Club

DULUTH, Minnesota (AP) -- Troy Lee Gentry, of the country singing duo Montgomery Gentry, has been accused of killing a tame black bear that federal officials say he tagged as killed in the wild.

Gentry, 39, of Franklin, Tennessee, and Lee Marvin Greenly, 46, of Sandstone, appeared Tuesday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Raymond Erickson in connection with a sealed indictment returned by a federal grand jury in Minneapolis.

Authorities allege that Gentry purchased the bear from Greenly, a wildlife photographer and hunting guide, then killed it with a bow and arrow in an enclosed pen on Greenly's property in October 2004.

Okay. First off I want to say I'm always an "innocent until prove guilty" kind of guy. Maybe he didn't do this. However, fuck him if he did. This is sick. This, like what Cheney was doing when he shot that lawyer, is not hunting. It's just killing an animal for fun. I grew up around a lot of hunters. So I know it's about the skill of going into the woods, finding the animal and shooting it. We can argue all the other stuff is just a smokescreen to make it look competitive just to have the fun of killing, but I don't believe that. I'm sure it's true for some. But others truly enjoy the challenge. If your idea of fun is shooting a trapped animal, without any of the "sport" thrown in, then you are no better than sadistic kids who will kill dogs and cats in their neighborhood. No better.

I guess I also wanted to post this because I hate all this contemporary country music so much I get a little joy when one of their heroes gets exposed for the sadistic pussy he may be. Johnny Cash is an icon. It's a shame crap like this and Toby Keith carry the torch for the great music he made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home